APWU 133

Additional Standup

Apwu133

Subject: Additional Standup

All,

I just received this Stand Up Talk that was supposed to be given out last week. There have now been two that were supposed to have done. However, I am getting reports that these Stand Up Talks are not being done. I am also being told that employees are being denied access to Postal Devices to access Postal Ease.  I need to know where the stand up talks have not been given and where employees are being denied access to postal computers. Here is the message I received with this stand up talk:

Colleagues,

Attached please find the final, approved stand up talk for distribution starting today addressing Net to Bank and Allotment Disabled online in PostalEase.

Tom

We are monitoring the situation and are demanding the Postal Service provide us full updates on what has happened, what is still happening, and what is being done to remedy the situation. As I get more information, I will continue to share it. Please get this information out to the field. I have also attached the previous emails I have sent out.

Thank you and remember—stay safe, wear your mask!

Charlie Cash

Industrial Relations Director

American Postal Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Mandatory Stand-Up Talk 

Dec. 30, 2022

Fraud Alert Update:

Net to Bank and Allotment Disabled Online in PostalEASE

The stand-up talk issued Friday Dec. 23, 2022, discussed a fraud scheme by cyber criminals using fake LiteBlue websites to target Postal Service employees.

When you attempt to log in to a fake site, scammers collect your username and password. Scammers can record this information and use it to enter PostalEASE — the self-service application reached through LiteBlue for employment-related services. There, scammers may access your sensitive data, which they can manipulate for financial gain.

The LiteBlue and PostalEASE applications have not been compromised. A limited number of employees have reported unusual account activity involving their PostalEASE accounts, which has been attributed to their prior interaction with the fake LiteBlue websites.

As an additional precaution, the Net to Bank and Allotment functionalities have been disabled online in the PostalEASE application accessed externally through LiteBlue via a personal computer as of Dec. 29, 2022, until further notice.

Employees may cancel allotments, establish net to bank, or make changes to net to bank via the PostalEASE Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.  IVR is a telephone-based system and may be accessed by calling the Human Resources Shared Service Center (HRSSC) at 877-477-3273, menu option 1.  Employees using the IVR system will need to have their employee identification number (EIN) and personal identification number (PIN).

These services can be conducted online via PostalEASE when accessed using a USPS-owned laptop or desktop computer, connected to the USPS network.

If you use an online search engine such as Google or Yahoo to navigate to LiteBlue, you may find fake LiteBlue websites in your search results. We are working with the internet service providers to remove the fake websites. However, they often reappear as quickly as they are removed.

You can reduce the chances of encountering a fake website by navigating directly to the official USPS website at (spell aloud) W-W-W - “dot” - L-I-T-E-B-L-U-E - “dot” - U-S-P-S - “dot” - G-O-V or www.liteblue.usps.gov. If you visit LiteBlue frequently, you should bookmark the site as one of your favorites.

We are also taking additional precautions across our network to mitigate the risk of further impact on our employees.

If you suspect you are a victim of this fraud or encounter a fake LiteBlue website, please contact USPS CyberSafe by email at cybersafe@usps.gov. Employees should also report any instance of suspected account tampering to the USPS Accounting Service Center helpline at 1-866-974-2733.

Thank you for listening.